While it is an incredible opportunity to learn about updates within the industry and make connections, it is also an intense week of nonstop "being on" - through meetings, cocktail receptions, dinners, nighttime events, etc.- and the week is spent in constant close proximity to people from all parts of the world. Why do I tell you this? Because every year, as hard as I have tried to stay healthy during Travel Week by bringing throat lozenges, anti-bacterial gel, herbal teas and even a humidifier in my hotel room, I inevitably get sick the following week!
Last year, I tried something different. I was invited to attend a post-conference trip to The Golden Door. I had heard so much about this iconic wellness resort near San Diego but never had the time to experience it for myself. This was the opportunity to check off a bucket list experience and build in some transition time before going home.
But once the golden doors (yes the entrance to the resort are actual golden doors) open, you are transported to a Japanese paradise, situated on 600 acres of natural woods, mountains and open space. You are surrounded by gardens, koi ponds, flowing water, orange groves, stone lanterns and nature's beauty. The intimate all-inclusive resort features just 40 rooms designed in the style of a ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn.
2018 Virtuoso Amenities
- All accommodations are comparable (single occupancy only)
- Full Breakfast Daily (personalized by dietary requirements) as well as all meals already included in rates
- Three months of fitness follow up with the guest's personal trainer (either by phone or email)
- $100 USD equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full, excludes retail items or products)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi